Idaho's HUD radon testing experts

hud radon testing

Request a radon test or mitigation bid today!

We do not share your information. Please refer to our Privacy Policy.
By submitting this form, you verify this is your mobile number and consent to receive text messages via automated technology to this number regarding transactional communication and/or offers by or on behalf of Idaho Radon Services, LLC. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt-out.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

HUD radon testing specialists

Since 2013, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has prioritized radon testing and mitigation in their buildings. Our team specializes in testing and mitigation for HUD multifamily buildings, and we are aware of the specific needs of HUD/Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Freddie, and Fannie Mae loans so you can have peace of mind.

hud radon
hud radon

Certified HUD radon testing by Idaho Radon Services

There are special requirements for testing and documentation in HUD multifamily buildings (such as apartments and healthcare facilities). 

HUD radon testing for multifamily buildings (such as apartments or healthcare facilities) requires special care and protocol to make sure the radon levels are tested for and documented correctly. We specialize in both large and small multifamily buildings and have extensive radon testing and mitigation expertise. Additionally, we offer complimentary radon mitigation bids specifically for HUD multifamily units in Idaho.




Radon requirements for HUD buildings

Radon-induced lung cancer kills over 21,000 Americans each year, and radon in homes can only be detected with specialized testing. To make a dent in this number of deaths, HUD issued a policy in 2013 that requires all multifamily homes to be tested for radon. Additionally, a mitigation system must be installed if the home's radon level is above 4.0 picocuries per liter (pCi/L).

Radon inspection reports are required for:

  • Multifamily Accelerated Processing (MAP) applications
  • Traditional Application Processing (TAP) applications
  • New construction or substantial rehabilitation of multifamily housing
  • The purchase or refinancing of existing multifamily rental housing
  • Construction or substantial rehabilitation of rental housing for the elderly or disabled
aarst radon

For HUD housing, radon inspection reports must be prepared by certified radon professionals (like those at Idaho Radon Services!). The professionals must be certified by the American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists National Radon Proficiency Program (AARST NRPP) or the National Radon Safety Board (NRSB) and have any necessary state licenses.

HUD has updated its standards over time (viewable here), but you can rest assured that the professionals at Idaho Radon Services know what requirements are needed for residential facilities. Anyone involved in FHA-insured new construction should have their homes tested by one of our certified employees.